I have been so remiss in my blogging duties. I believe this has been the longest lapse in between posts since I started keeping this LJ, and I have no good excuse, except that I’ve been moving and I hate moving so my mind and body shut down and enter a state of deep hibernation, waiting, waiting for it all to be over.
It is not over.
I’ve vacated the Main Line and am back in Rhode Island. Last weekend, Z and I sojourned to sunny Fayetteville and found an apartment. Nothing glamorous, but it does have a dishwasher—an appliance about which I have been fantasizing for the last 8 years, I am not ashamed to say—and a washer and dryer, and central air, and a swimming pool. So that’s that. I’m not homeless. Hurrah.
The best evidence I can offer of the trauma inflicted on me by the moving experience is the fact that I am retreating deep into the post-Glitter world, not for solace, obviously, which is the last thing to be found in the PGW, but just out of a psychopathic compulsion to take my abjection to the outer limits. Sunday night, nkb_vp_ltl and I, knowing full well that it was a Bad Idea of the Highest Order, purchased several cans of a product called Diet Rockstar, which promised that the consumer would “Party Like a Rockstar.” Indeed, as we used the Diet Rockstar to help wash down every last trace of hard alcohol in my apartment (the only part of packing I have enjoyed so far), we did party like one big-ass rockstar.
Tonight NKB and I are hosting a little get-together during which we will inflict Mariah Carey’s cinematic house of postmodern horrors on an audience of Glitter virgins. NKB’s brilliant Glitter Drinking Game shall be our vehicle into unknown circles of hell. I cordially invite you all to play along.
Once fully descended into the PGW, we’ll be heading over to Murray’s for karaoke. If I live to see another day, I’ll offer a report either here or over at isawglitter.blogspot.com.
Glitter and out.
Currently listening to “Trashy But Lady (a mix for NKB)”:
1. Jermaine Dupri ft. Mariah “Welcome to Hell” Carey – It’s Like That
2. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts – Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)
3. Khia – Lick My Neck, My Back
4. Bananarama – Move in My Direction
5. Janet Jackson – Black Cat
6. The Coup – Pimps
7. Wham! – Bad Boys
8. Spank Rock – Put That Pussy On Me
9. Olivia Newton-John – Physical
10. Akcent (Romanian boy band) – Kylie
11. FannyPack – Smack It Up
12. Ak’sent (hot teenage rapper) – Zingy
13. Samantha Fox – Naughty Girls Need Love Too
14. Poison – Talk Dirty To Me
15. Prince – Peach
16. Scissor Sisters – Filthy/Gorgeous
17. Cristina – What’s a Girl to Do
18. Scandal ft. Patty Smythe – The Warrior
19. Oscar the Grouch – I Love Trash